TRANSFER PROCESS USING DREAMWEAVER
Transfer process using Dreamweaver is another way if you want to try the alternatives in dealing FTP. Dreamweaver is a web development HTML editor tool that created and published by adobe. It features visual design surface that enables user to visualize the web content while coding. It also combines with code editor with its standard features that will surely assist the user in writing the codes. It also extends the capabilities to the site management tool, as you can manage, upload and transfer local files and remote files which the same way FTP works. So here the steps and guidelines for the transfer process using Dreamweaver.
HOW TO OBTAIN DREAMWEAVER
- Visit adobe site where you can find the official and authentic copy of Dreamweaver by typing adobe.com in the address bar of your browser.
- You’ll need to create an Adobe Id for you to be able to access the system. Once you have acquired your adobe id click the sign in link and log in your adobe id.
3. Once you have logged in go and click “Download” button that will bring you to the page where various applications of adobe that are available to download were listed.
4. Clicked on to Adobe Dreamweaver link. There are two versions to choose. The “buy” where you can obtain the full version of Dreamweaver software by purchasing it and “try” where you can obtain the trial version which you can use the Dreamweaver that will expire in 30 days.
5. Click on the “Download” button and you’re done.
HOW TO TRANSFER FILES WITH DREAMWEAVER
In the files panel you can transfer a files from local machine to remote server and vice versa.
- To begin the transfer process using Dreamweaver, click the “connection” button to establish the connection between the client and the server.
- When the connection was established, you can switch to Remote Server and view all the web files that you want to download. When you pick a file you choose to download, this particular file will get from the remote server and place to the local folder.
Note: Since Dreamweaver packed sophisticated features in editing system, the program will prompt permission if the dependent files that associate to the particular file you’ve chose to download are included along with it to your local folder.
In that case click “Yes” to affirm.
- As the file from the remote server transfer to your local folder, you can edit the file in any form by double click it and its editor panel will open. If you modify something and make changes in the file, save it and re upload to the remote server by hitting the “Upload” button.
4. Dealing with the multiple files, switch the panel to the remote server and select the files you want to download. The permission will prompt asking if the dependent files will be included and this time click “No”.
5. Using Dreamweaver, you can maintain the entire site to synchronize by using “synchronization” button.
- In synchronization it is used to keep the right track to manage and update your files both in the client and the server for your website and in Dreamweaver it gives you an easy access to perform such management. So select the following label shown in the image for the mapping of synchronization and direction then click “Preview”
7. As you can see, it allows us to get an idea what files are going to receive as well as to place to the server. Click OK.