Transfer Domains to HostGator India from GoDaddy
When it comes to choosing our hosting websites, we tend to decide by impulse rather than what’s the best option. For example, you have a Domain Name registered on a specific web hosting service (in this case, GoDaddy). And it turns out that it wasn’t really the best option because the features that you were looking for can’t be found from them. Now you’re on a dilemma to switch to another webhosting service. Well worry no more for today, I will tell you how to transfer Domains to HostGator India from GoDaddy.
- Login to your GoDaddy account. After that, hover over to the Domains tab and select Domain Management.
- Once there, select the domain you want to manage/transfer.
- After selecting the domain, scroll down and you will find the Contacts Area. Make sure that everything is correct and updated. If it’s not, then you won’t get your Authorization Code, which is going to be important for an upcoming step in this guide.
- Only if necessary, fill-in the contact email that you are using so that the Authorization Code will be sent to a valid email. But be reminded that if you update any part of the contact information (except for the contact email), GoDaddy will lock your account for a period of time. If this happens, you won’t be able to transfer your domain names and you can’t remove them as well.
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, there’s a line that says “Authorization Code: Send by Email”. Click it and follow the instructions of the pop-up screen.
- This step is important as this will decide whether you can transfer your domain name or not. Check if the domain is locked. At the same panel, click “Manage” that is in the same line with ”Locked: Locked”. (Tip; untick the “Lock Domains” option and click the “OK” button twice.)
- At this time, you will receive an email from GoDaddy containing your Authorization Information. If you see a code that has this format “T365SQCAPMAE909XZ” (this is just an example), keep it because this is going to be your Authorization Key or EPP Code.
If you have obtained the Authorization Key, follow this steps to transfer Domains to HostGator India:
- Go and visit HostGator India’s transfer site. Input your domain name at the “Find a Domain” portion of the page and select the domain extension from the dropdown boxes. After doing so, click “Transfer”. You will be taken to a page for you to ensure that the domain is unlocked for transfer.
Note: If your domain extension is not on the list, contact HostGator India’s support as this step won’t help you.
- Select “Express Checkout”. After which, enter the Authorization Code from your email that was sent by GoDaddy.
- Agree on the terms given by HostGator India when it comes to the transfer of your domain name.
- By then, select “Complete Order” option and enter your credit card number. After doing so, click “Purchase”.
Note: If you do not have a credit card or do not desire to pay via credit card, contact HostGator India’s Support team because this step only works with credit card purchase.
After some time, GoDaddy will send you a verification email to confirm your domain transfer. This is just for security measures to prevent unlawful transfers by someone else or in case your account is compromised. Because of that, you need to approve the transfer via your GoDaddy account. Failing to do so will prolong your agony of successfully transferring your domain name.
Once done, HostGator will send you an email to confirm that the transfer is complete. And there you have it!
Now you know how easy it is to transfer Domains to HostGator India from GoDaddy is, go on and join the HostGator India family were they offer you amazing deals for very affordable prices!